ReNAPRI’S vision is to be a dynamic Pan-African network of universally recognized national agricultural policy research institutes that generate relevant and high-quality evidence, to guide and inform effective policy decisions that promote sustainable solutions across the continent.
ReNAPRI’S mission is to play an active role in transforming Africa’s agricultural sector by developing the capacity of national agricultural policy research Institutes in the continent, strengthening and nurturing dynamic collaboration, towards providing objective and innovative policy advice to national, regional and continental level stakeholders, through effective outreach.
The specific objectives of the network are to:
- Assist the national institutes in building their own capacity to carry out high quality policy analysis and outreach through collaboration and coordination of activities through development and undertaking policy training programmes, targeting researchers, decision makers, and students;
- Provide more effective policy guidance to national policy makers through collaboration on strategic issues where cross-country learning is particularly relevant through facilitating the sharing of national data and information amongst the national policy institutes;
- Promote peer learning and sharing of skills amongst the researchers, associate researchers and students in the region.
The network comprises public national agriculture policy research institutes who are:
- Established and operate with the support of national governments to provid independent, quality agriculture policy research to government and national stakeholders, as part of the national policy agenda;
- Well recognized within the countries and have a rich background of supporting their national governments and national stakeholders on various agriculture policy and capacity issues in line with the national priority needs;
- Subscribe to ideals of regional networking in order to jointly build capacities and data sharing for purposes of realizing their own national potential.
View our full list of member institutes.