Domestic & Regional Agricultural Outlook
To facilitate strategic foresighting and planning within the region, ReNAPRI generates national and regional agricultural outlooks, which provide a baseline scenario and future projections for a variety of commodity markets. Analysis include horizon scanning, which identifies the emerging ‘megatrends’ currently shaping Africa’s agri-food systems, and impact assessments of domestic policy on regional markets.
- Foresighting – anticipating the trends and proactive policy responses
- Meyer Ferdinand, Lulama Ndibongo Traub, Tracy Davids, Lilian Kirimi, Raphael Gitau, Zena Mpenda, Brian Chisanga, Julian Binfeld, and Pierre Boulanger. “Modelling wheat and sugar markets in Eastern and Southern Africa“. Joint Research Center, European Commission. 2016.
- Jayne, Thomas S. & David Ameyaw. “Chapter 1: Africa’s Emerging Agricultural Transformation: Evidence, Opportunities and Challenges.” Africa Agriculture Status Report 2016: Progress towards Agricultural Transformation in Africa. Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA). 2-23.
- Ulimwengu, John & Julia Collins & Felix Yeboah & Lulama Ndibongo Traub. “Chapter 3: Driving Economic Transformation.” Africa Agriculture Status Report 2016: Progress towards Agricultural Transformation in Africa. Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA). 48-75.
- Traub, Lulama & Felix K. Yeboah & Ferdinand Meyer, & Thomas S. Jayne. 2015. “Chapter 3: Megatrends and the Future of African Economies“. In Badiane, O. and T. Makombe (Eds). 2015. Beyond a Middle Income Africa: Transforming African Economies for Sustained Growth with Rising Employment and Incomes. ReSAKSS Annual Trends and Outlook Report 2014. International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).